It is an original and varied collection comprising objects and works of art dating from 1880 to 1945. An excursion among the works of the collection becomes a fascinating documentary:
- on the changes in taste and style within private abodes and public buildings,
- on the urban transformation processes,
- on the relationship between art and political propaganda,
- on the evolution of means of transport,
- on the development of technology and its influence on the working world and the spreading of new social behaviour.
The collection - with more then 18.000 items - comprises:
- architectural drawings, graphics, posters, sketches and drawings (the collection Archives),
- books, publications, posters (the collection Library),
- paintings, sculptures, furniture, complete furnishings, glass, ceramics, metalwork, silver objects (the collection Objects),
The Collection in Genoa. From July 1999 the Wolfson Collection in Genoa was entrusted to the
Cristoforo Colombo in view of its definitive donation to the same institution and with the aim of increasing both the existing activities and the collection by means of a donation and new acquisitions program.